Strawberry Rhubarb Cups
Prep time: 15-20 minutes
Inactive prep time: 2 hours (for cooling)
Makes: 4 servings
Every year in June and July, strawberries and rhubarb traditionally go into pies and other desserts. Our Strawberry Rhubarb Cups combine strawberries, rhubarb, agave nectar, monk fruit sweetener (cassava root) and Kickback CBD Nano Enhanced Tincture (organic hemp). Result – great fruit taste and awesome functional chill!
2 teaspoons tapioca flour )
2 tablespoons cold water ) mixed together and set aside
2 cups chopped fresh strawberries (hulled & cut into ¼-inch pieces)
2 cups chopped fresh rhubarb (cut into ¼-inch pieces)
1/3 cup agave nectar
2 tablespoons monk fruit sweetener
Dash ground cinnamon (optional)
8 full droppers Kickback Nano Enhanced Tincture with Organic Hemp Extract
4 rosemary stems (for garnish)
1. In a 1 or 2-quart saucepot set on a stove burner, stir together the strawberries, rhubarb, agave nectar and monk fruit sweetener.
2. On medium heat, bring mixture to a boil.
3. When mixture boils, cook and stir 4 to 5 minutes or until fruit begins to soften.
4. After fruit has softened, stir in the tapioca flour/water mixture until it begins thickening.
5. Cook on medium-low heat for 1 additional minute; stir in a dash of cinnamon; cover and set aside on a cold burner to cool.
6. After the strawberry-rhubarb mixture has come to room temperature, stir in 8 droppers of Kickback Nano Enhanced Tincture.
7. Pour the strawberry rhubarb mixture into four single-serving cups (glass or white ramekins). Top each cup with a rosemary stem.
NOTE: Strawberry-Rhubarb cups can also be covered in plastic wrap and refrigerated up to 3 days.
Text & Photograph ©2020 Kickback