If you’re like us, Daylights Savings Time got us wanting to curl up in a comfy blanket with a hot drink and a great Netflix series to binge. The weather is turning colder- which means we turn the temperature up! Our ground CBD coffees, the O.G. Cali Daze and O.G. Cali Rise, are perfect to enjoy on brisk winter days.
Lattes are made with usually a shot of espresso and steamed milk. It’s a shortened form of the Italian ‘caffè latte” or caffellatte, meaning ‘milk coffee’.
Recipe with an Espresso machine
1. Grind your Kickback CBD ground coffee with a coffee grinder to make sure you have fine enough coffee grounds for an espresso. The grounds should be about the size of table salt grains.
2. For one shot of espresso, measure out 18-21 grams of ground coffee in the espresso machine’s portafilter. (Remember to zero out with the empty canister first)
3. Tamp the coffee.
4. Lock the portafilter and brew.
5. Pour steamed milk over the espresso, this will blend and create a creamy brown latte.
Recipe without an Espresso machine
1. Make very strong coffee with a regular coffee machine. Use 1-2 scoops of Kickback ground CBD coffee per cup of coffee.
2. If you prefer, you can grind CBD coffee grounds even finer.
3. Brew normally.
Froth milk using your microwave:
1. Use only 2% or nonfat milk and pour into a jar only halfway.
2. Seal the jar lid and shake until its volume has doubled, then take off the lid.
3. Microwave on high for about 35 seconds, and the milk foam will rise.
4. Pour about 1-2 ounces with a spoon to keep the foam back when pouring.
5. Then add the foam with the spoon once you’re satisfied with the milk added.
Enjoy your Kickback latte at home!
Be sure to check out the rest of our blog here, follow us on Instagram, and get your coffee today!